What is GLAMPing?
GLAMPing (Girls Leading and Making Program) is a week-long day camp for rising 6th and 7th grade girls that is designed to promote future careers and leadership in science and engineering.
The Campers, or “Glampers” will be introduced to several of our nation’s engineering ‘Grand Challenges’ (as defined by the National Science Foundation – NSF) and the week’s curriculum will explain how scientists and engineers can address these challenges. More importantly, the camp provides students with hands-on experiences in a lab, or makerspace, to encourage creativity and build skills that can help them better comprehend engineering concepts, improve their confidence, and increase their understanding of technical topics.
Additionally, the UCF SLAM (Science Leadership and Mentoring) program will discuss topics of leadership and self-esteem that help the Glampers learn the skills necessary to become the STEM leaders of tomorrow.
Who can participate?
Rising 6th and 7th Grade Girls
July 25th – 29th, 2022 from 9:00am – 4:30pm
Student sign-in will begin at 8:30am. Camp ends each day at 4:30pm.
UCF Main Campus – L3Harris Engineering Center (HEC) 101
- This cost includes lunch, a backpack, t-shirt to be worn daily, and materials for all activities.
- A $75 non-refundable deposit is required to hold each student’s seat once accepted into the program. Additional details regarding payment will be provided in the email invitation.
- Scholarships are available to students who establish need as defined by the university. Students requesting scholarship assistance should contact the program coordinator for more details.
Important Dates (Subject to change – please check back for updates):
- March 14, 2022: Online application window opens. Note: The application includes short-response questions that must be answered by the student applicant.
- April 8, 2022: Application review begins
- April 15, 2022: First round of invitations to be sent; Additional invitations to be sent every two weeks until all seats are filled
- July 8, 2022: Final payment due
- July 25, 2022: GLAMPing begins!